Just another West Coast winter...NOT!


Second
snowfall in a winter and a deep-freeze to boot. (I know I know. Big effin' deal, right? Well it's OUR version of climate change so go suck it!). Not that a west coast deep freeze (translation:
actually below zero during the day) is anything like the deep-freezes of my prairie childhood (translation:
actually below -30 during the day, occassionally with a bonus windchill dropping temps to -50 or so). But it's still pretty freakin cold.
The Kids love it though.

Liam has decided that
Snow is the best thing to happen to Outside since we left the old yard and all the climbing toys. He's been honing his snowball-throwing and angel-making skills whenever he gets the chance. We have yet to purchase a sled (? I never thought I'd need one out here and they sell FAST when the snow does fall) and stake out a hill. Maybe next snowfall - and at this rate it could be as soon as February.

Zoe, on the other hand, is working on developing her pallet for snow. I've managed to convince her to stay away from yellow and brown snow, and the salted stuff on the sidewalks etc, but even two day old stomped on snow that still looks relatively white is worth a try as far as she is concerned.