It's been forever since I posted even though I am writing and working on posts most days. It's not writers block - more like writers clutter. My head is so full of stuff to write I can't seem to get it all out or finish a piece.
Like right now I'm writing about all the clutter in our house. Exciting eh? Well, I need to write it. No-one needs to read it. Anyways, the halls are jam packed with stuff to consign or donate, and the bathroom door - conveniently located in front of the office closet for the past few months - was in the way of my tackling the last storage area for purging. So we thought we'd do the novel thing and hang it! It has been painted for over a week now... or maybe just 4 days. It feels like longer. Anyways, last night we got ourselves a bathroom door. This means there is hope for me having a hot shower in the mornings since with the door missing Steve has been averaging about 30 minute showers to 'warm up enough to withstand the draft.' That's 10 minutes longer than his normal - about a whole shower for me - and the entire contents of our hot water tank.
After, um, well, I've lost count of the weeks - a really long time anyways - we now have a bathroom door. We can almost have guests over again! Amazing. Still, there is much to be done before that is a reality. The clutter remember? Maybe we'll get it all dealt with this weekend... or not. As long as no one comes down with another cold or flu we'll have a fighting chance (Zoe was down for all of last week with a head cold and fevers - can you say 'cranky and clingy?'). And the odds will be even greater if Zoe finishes up getting those last two molars that finally made an appearance yesterday - four months of teething hell finally over!!
So that's life in the land of clutter and head colds.
Maybe I'll finish up one of those other bits later today... or maybe I'll clean out the closet.