Sunday, February 19, 2006

Morning Moment

Suddenly Liam was crawling into bed with Zoe and I this morning.

"Mom, I came to have a snuggle with you" - he says. I could hear Stephen puttering around with the breakfast details downstairs. It was nice to sleep in for a bit.

"Yikes!! Liam your feet are like popsicles!" I exclaim as he tucks his frigid feet into the warmth of my legs under the covers. "You know how you always want popsicles these day? You should just suck on your toes!"
He giggles at the image of his popsicle feet.
"Mom, you're as warm as the sun" he says, still with a giggle in his voice as he hugs me tight.
Zoe pipes up "I'm the moon!"
We turn to look at her. "You're the moon?" I ask.
"No" she responds, thinking for a moment, "I'm a butterfly."

Popsicles, Sunshine and Butterflies... could be spring is just around the corner!