Saturday, February 11, 2006

Snapshot

It's Saturday morning.
Steve has been researching online for recording electronics but now he's playing guitar.
Liam has been making suggestions like "On Wednesday I think we should fly to Calgary and visit Nana and Panda - maybe we will, maybe we won't, you never know..." and "I invented a new day - it's Daddy and Liam day..." Zoe is flip-flopping from happy girl to grrrowly girrl at will but at the moment the two of them (or three?) are combining thier efforts to destroy parts of the living room.

Uh Oh - Liam's mastermind attempt to make a bridge (with the lid to the coffee table) failed due to mommy intervention and he has stomped upstairs in a huff - Zoe, following, is carrying a plastic apple saying "Liam, I made an apple for you! I made a apple, I made a apple. Liam - a pineapple, a pineapple."
He may have returned to sulk downstairs but he's finding it difficult to present the appropriate image with Zoe dogging his heals, apple in hand. Needless to say Zoe isn't making headway with her apple gift.

Liam is back to the drawbridge building scenario, slightly modified to suit parental requirements - no walking on it.
And now it's a top and lower bunk at the same time as being a drawbridge for their secret castle...
Oh dear, now it's getting complicated because Liam's vision doesn't coincide with parental ideas of 'safe play.'
With Steve's help they have settled on a 'safe' version of the drawbridge idea and there are giggles and laughter eminating from the living room once again.

I better go now. Just in the time it has taken to read this over there has been another intervention and sulking session. But the Ship (wait a minute - wasn't it a castle??) is sailing once again, Cap'n Liam is shouting orders and First Mate Zoe is working the rigging...