Friday, April 21, 2006

Honey, Where Should We Put The Water Buffalo?

This morning I purchased a flock of ducks. Liam insisted. Buffalo_lg
Then Zoe wanted a Llama, so I got one of those too. I have a passion for trees so of course I couldn't pass up a bunch of seedlings; not when they were only $10. Steve wanted something weird so I suggested he get a water buffalo - they look pretty strange to North American eyes don't you think?
Half and hour later and we were all happy with our wedding gift purchases for Uncle Bruce and soon-to-be Aunt Rebecca.

I have seen the commercial for Heifer International of course (you know, the one with the girl, and the goat in a shopping cart...), but I have never been to the website before. Not until today that is. Having travelled in Mexico, Northern Vietnam and throughout the rural parts of Thailand, I have seen (and visited with) the kinds of families who might benefit from the efforts of such an organization, therefore I really appreciated Bruce and Rebecca's choice for a gift registry. Besides, I don't think I have had so much fun shopping for a wedding present before! No stress and no tax!

There is just one thing that puzzles me; I just can't figure out what a couple of nomadic actors are going to do with all that Livestock! ;)