As we get more into construction, and begin thinking about removing the floor and redoing the plumbing, we need to map out things like where the supply lines for the tub will come out of the floor and so on. So I set out to research supply line installation on the web and discovered that the supply lines we have are the wrong ones! Thankfully this oversight is not our fault as the sales lady picked them out for us, but we also ordered the wrong size shower curtain ring and have been waiting for a return call from Splashes for a week now. So another failed attempt at a phone-call (sales people were all too busy) meant that a visit to the store was in order and NOW! The tub is due back in a week! Unfortunately, Zoe was in full-on teething misery and I couldn't quite envision how I would communicate with the sales people at Splashes with her clinging and screeching, so I convinced Steve to come downstairs, clean up, and off we went.
An hour and a half later Steve and Zoe had explored the entire two floors of the Splashes show room and I had managed to get the right shower ring, supply lines and shut off valves ordered with a promise that SOMEONE would get back to us about returning the wrong items. We also had our sink basin in tow, which means we can determine where and how high we are installing it, finish bracing the wall, and start on the plumbing. Phew! Now we just have to avoid the plague that seems to be making it's way about the city - staff at the DO-IT Centre, Splashes, and our friend Heidi, were all sick today. And Liam and I are feeling a bit yucky too...
At least we now have a framed vaulted ceiling complete with extended wall framing above the door. Now we just need to install and wire the pot light and fan and then DRYWALL! Or do we redo the plumbing and floor first? Or frame in the medicine cabinet and shelves? Or maybe we should...