I wasn't even sure if I was going to write today. Not that it's been a bad day or anything. I guess it is just that with us having been at this so long it just felt like another day - a good one - but another day.
I'm not sure what 'normal' is around here anymore. These days it is normal that there is a king size bed on the floor of our living room - a great place for sword fights, or wrestling matches, or lounging and watching TV. It is normal that under our front window are duffle bags full of clothes and a couple of plastic containers with pj's and underwear. It is normal that there is a large bin of laundry in the middle of the kitchen that we roll out of our way here and there. It is normal that the back door has pushed in front of it a laundry basket full of work clothes, another full of coats, and a pile of shoes behind those. It is normal that you get into these parts of the house by passing through a large plastic hanging barrier where the hall table has been pushed across the hall to ensure the bathroom is contained in the 'clean' area. It is normal for me to put on the TV for the kids and head upstairs whenever I can to help Steve with whatever his latest task is. It is normal to pile the kids into the car at the end of the day and drive over to Auntie Heidi's for a shower and a bedtime story and then pile back into the car for a drive until the kids are asleep.
It will be strange when we move back upstairs and can do our laundry whenever we want, and stranger still when we have our own bathroom again. And what a bathroom it will be!
We have drywall now - at long last. Looking back over this record it seems I was already thinking wistfully of drywall by day ten - a mere two weeks later it is a reality. Steve also picked up a whole bunch of tiles today so we're ready for that when the time comes. Tomorrow we need to track down the cement board for the floor and finish the drywall. And we had good news when I called Splashes - I believe only one final item is outstanding on our order. Given all this, I'd like to say that we are past our last stumbling block but we do have this built-in shelf at the end of the tub - a replacement for the one that was there before - that has proven to be elusive in its' design. Tomorrow we have to start building it so Steve is currently trying to get something workable down on paper so that he can make a list of material for tomorrow's shopping excursions.
A good day, a 'normal' day, in an otherwise strange existence.